Monday, May 4, 2020

It's too darn dry

     I spent the weekend at Casa Monzeglio #1 getting tomato, eggplant and pepper transplants into the cold frames where they can acclimate themselves before i set them out in the main garden.  Pruning fruit trees and cleaning old weeds from the garden beds with a huge assist from daughter Merry and son in law Nick was also on the agenda.  I didn't get to mow any grass, although with the cool and extremely dry weather we are experiencing it won't be noticeable for another week or two.
     Getting a bed ready for spinach planting yesterday, I noticed the soil is still moist, but I was able to till soils which ordinarily are not workable until mid June.   If we don't get any rain this week, I will be spending next weekend watering everything I have planted so far.  Many large commercial growers were able to get their corn crops in early this year, but I'm thinking they are also looking to the sky for a little rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment