Wednesday, February 5, 2020

What it has come to

    I didn't watch the state of the union speech last night.   I spared myself the gag reflex the president* inspires in me every time he opens his mouth to lie again.  But opening the Washington Post website this morning I saw a picture of Nancy Pelosi neatly tearing tRump's speech in half on national TV.   Her explanation was "it was better than the alternative"!
     More than any other president in my lifetime, tRump inspires the adulation of his base and the detastation of nearly everyone else.   That a lifelong pol like Pelosi feels comfortable with the insult implied by her action is perhaps more telling than any poll.   We need a healer in chief at this point and I'm not sure the nation is ready for a revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment