Monday, August 22, 2016

Steamy and wet

It was that kind of weekend on the NCR.  Relentless heat and humidity made the natives restless.  The Divine Mrs. M has had enough of summer.  Unfortunately for her despite today's respite it looks like the hot weather will be back this week.  We got about .7 inch of rain Sunday evening which finally broke the heat and ended the harvest and plant cycle for me.  I brought in the onion crop and replanted the empty beds with spinach.  I also transplanted another round of lettuce on Saturday and rescued the strawberry beds from a galinsoga invasion.  I have a couple of more rounds of transplants waiting to go out, but I'm not sure there will be a market for late October lettuce in Plattsburgh!  Such is the mid-late summer gardener's plight.

No comments:

Post a Comment