Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday in Atlanta

This is the first Saturday since June that I haven't had a farmers' market to harvest for.  It feels a little weird to be sitting in a hotel room instead of getting soaking wet and cold in the garden.  I think I could get used to this.  Especially after all the rain yesterday.  It would be a muddy mess out there.  Now, to hoof it over to the convention center and begin the flesh pressing, back slapping orgy that is the Produce Marketing  Association.  I always feel like a minnow in a shark tank at these things, but I'm sure there are plenty of others who feel the same.  Every one here is looking for a little love.  You just have to make sure it is the right kind.  The weather looks beautiful from the window, although the sunrise seems later here than at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment