Monday, October 28, 2019

Gardening update

    Another inch of rain over the weekend makes he happier than ever I planted my garlic between 1 and 2 weeks ago under much more clement conditions.  The present warm wet weather will give way later this week to cold wet weather and a few snowflakes on Halloween.   There is always a fear of planting garlic and other fall bulbs too early and seeing them sprout in November only to see them nipped by the winds and cold of winter.   I have become more sanguine about this risk in my old age, preferring comfort and risk to planting in frozen mud.  I will leave that delight to my brother Neil.
     We celebrated a slew of October birthdays at Casa Monzeglio last night.  There used to be a paucity of nativities in the 10th month, but the additions of Rick, Benny and Wyatt to the roster to go along with Natalie has made it much busier.  Congratulations to all the Birthday people!

No comments:

Post a Comment