Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Triage Time

Parts of the garden are approaching the point of no return as the rains keep coming.  I worked some soil which was too wet in order to transplant lettuce which will probably keep the rabbit population exploding.  I then weeded a bed of carrots to make the tender tops more available to said rabbits.  It looks like I will spend more time weeding between rain showers as I have run out of dry space to plant.  After a poor start with a few weeks of optimism mixed in, the garden is settling into a gradual decline as the continued rains and rabbit damage sap any enthusiasm for palliative measures.  As my brother would say, "I'm disgusted" and unless late July and August reverse the present weather pattern, I'm likely to stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment