Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Times of my life

On a sunny hot 24th of May in 1975, I was privileged to walk down a grass carpeted aisle and vow to love and honor the Divine Mrs. M until death do us part.  I have never regretted the choice for a nanosecond.   Despite the mid-70s  date, we were still children of the 60s, so we were married outdoors in the bride's family's backyard.  It was a gorgeous setting, but unfortunately, it was also the hottest May 24th on record, with the temperature reaching 94 degrees during the event.   Despite that, it was a lovely ceremony and I seriously doubt anyone who attended will ever forget how they sweated through it.   We have lived in many different places, laughed and cried and raised three lovely human beings.  Through it all, our love has endured and strengthened.  I hope to celebrate many more anniversaries with my best friend.   Happy Anniversary,dearest.

No comments:

Post a Comment