Monday, November 14, 2016

Jerry would not be proud

As someone who I respected throughout my association with him, I think Jerry Shulman would be outraged by the results of the recent election.  The "Arc of Justice" has not been bent, but severely deformed and probably not amenable to repair in what remains of my lifetime.   But I think I will try to do what Jerry would probably have done.  I'll continue to go to work each day and make a difference where I can.  I intend to become more involved in causes which are working for the general good.  I will oppose the forces of hatred and bigotry.  These are all things I believe Jerry would have done in a similar situation.  We are entering uncharted territory and the examples of those who went before us are valuable guides as we try to make sense of what is a dark time in our history.  Meanwhile, the Divine Mrs. M and I had the chance to spend time with our mothers over the past weekend.  Both seem in good health and spirits.  Fortunately they will be spared the worst of what is to come in their remaining years.   For others in our families the results of the recent elections will not be so benign in their personal lives.  We will hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  That's what Jerry would have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment