Monday, May 18, 2015

Celebrations

The Divine Mrs. M's anniversary party came off without a hitch and from the rave reviews most participants were giving, it would seem a good time was had by all.  Family and friends from 4 generations gathered and celebrated the combination of timing, luck and hard work that continues to enable my bride and yours truly to defy the common wisdom concerning marriage.  The commitment we made to each other 40 years ago includes the knowledge that consideration, flexibility and day to day work are just as important as the more romantic interludes many people think of when marriage is mentioned.   As our guests were reminded as they looked at our original wedding album, you don't remain young and beautiful (except for my better half) forever.  I'm looking forward to the next 40 years with my best friend.  I hope they are every bit as wonderful as the first 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment