Monday, July 8, 2013

Another Soggy Monday

More showers and thunderstorms are predicted today as we head into another soggy week.  The long range looks a little more optimistic with several days showing zero % chance of rain.  Of course it will take more than one or two rain free days to get any kind of drying going.  The grass in most of my yard still squelches underfoot and all but the smallest of my gardens is off limits at present.  I still managed to transplant some lettuces and brassicas and seed basil, cilantro and dill on Sunday morning, but it rained immediately after that.  I have reached the acceptance stage of grief regarding this gardening season.  I will keep working on it, but having passed through disbelief and rage, I think I can deal with whatever the rest of the season will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment