Monday, February 13, 2012

Arctic Tropics

It figures.  We had to use expiring discount airline tickets, so we choose the coldest 4 days in the last 2 months in Florida.  Landed on Saturday nite and it was 36 degrees in Lakeland on Sunday morning.  I have been assured that the day we leave things will be back to normal.  Aside  from the low temps, everything has been very nice so far.  People have been very nice and the comparison to Mexico is not as one sided as I would have thought.  We even ate at a Mexican place on Sunday with my brother and his wife and the service and food would not have been out of place in Cancun.  If the weather was warmer, I would be more into the gardening aspect of things down here, but as it is I'm feeling cheated by the weather gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment