Thursday, April 24, 2014

Glacial Progress

I'm thinking of renaming my gardening venture.  For years, it has been known as "Almena Gardens".  It is a combination of the first two letters of my three daughters' most used names (Alicia, Merry and Natalie).  Very cute, but maybe not as memorable as one might like.  After seeing an article in today's NYT about the rebranding of company names, I think a change might be in order.  A breakfast cereal maker in Canada changed the name of their high fiber concoction from something named after an Egyptian river god to the more in your face, "Holy Crap".  A high rise building contractor is now called "Mammoth Erection".   I know I can't top those, but in honor of the slow start to the gardening season, I'm thinking maybe "Glacial Progress".  Maybe someone can come up with something better.  I'm open to suggestion, but "Bobby's Folly" or "Waste of Time" are definitely out of the running.  Just Sayin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment