Friday, February 1, 2013

Moving forward

It's the first of February.  The seed orders are coming in, the days are getting longer and the occasional warm day provokes thoughts of summer.  Such is the thin gruel I use to get through another North Country winter.  As we all know, there are still at least 2 months of potential winter madness.  Snow storms, sub-zero temps and days which although longer than those of December are still woefully short.  Yesterday's 50 mph winds wreaked havoc on the local power grid.  At the homestead, a window in the cellar blew out and I had to do emergency repairs with icy winds blowing.  Thank goodness for cardboard.  At least I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.  Meanwhile, I dream of June days and birdies, the feathered and the golfing kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment