Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ye shall reap what ye have sown and other fallacies

It's getting into the critical time of year when the garden can get away from you without warning and without mercy.  As you concentrate on keeping up your planting schedule so the weeds are infiltrating and choking previous plantings.  If you switch to weeding, you miss planting or spraying and something else gets past you.  I watched a row of snow peas grow from seed to flower to pods with satisfaction, then within a week they are already past peak and I only harvested enough for two dinners.  Meanwhile, the nearly constant rainfall of earlier weeks has abuptly stopped.  I have to water each planting til it comes up, which of course cuts into the time I need to plant, weed, etc.  I need to be reminded why I love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment