Friday, July 29, 2016

Broken Ceilings

After a four day marathon to humanize and celebrate her, Hillary Clinton accepted the Democratic Party's nomination for president.  Aside from a few Bernie or Busters, the convention crowd seemed ecstatic the party had finally broken the glass ceiling for women as presidential candidates.  Hillary's acceptance speech connected more with the assembled delegates than some of her campaign speeches have.   Despite her charisma deficit, I think even the staunchest Bernie supporters would have trouble finding anything wrong with her agenda.  Their only beef is if they can believe her agenda.  I really do think she is far more liberal than she is credited for.  My only concern is the military angle.  I hope she does not advocate jumping into every brushfire war around the world.  Aside from that I think it was a great end to a very strong convention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment