Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Raindrops and other weather musings

Had a nice rain yesterday.  According to the weather station in Peru we had between .3 and .4 of an inch over a 10 hour period.  With the subsurface moisture in good shape, this is welcome, but as with any farmer's agenda, I hope we get a couple of clear, low humidity days to keep killing some weeds and transplanting lettuce.  Then another gentle shower on Monday morning.  Of course, mother nature will not be as kind as I hope and I will not get near enough done to satisfy myself.  The brotherhood of dirt farmers is united by it's consistent disatisfaction with whatever the current weather offers.  It's either too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry or some combination of the foregoing.  I will break with this rant and say the conditions right now are pretty close to ideal, although maybe if it was a few degrees warmer...

No comments:

Post a Comment