Monday, November 23, 2020

Confessions of a Giants' fan

       I admit while not under duress that I have been a Giants fan since the mid 60s.   I was inspired by Andy Robustelli, Y.A. Tittle and the rest of a perennially competitive crew.   While they weren't the dynasty the Yankees were in baseball, they were scrappy, even when losing "the greatest game ever played" against the Baltimore Colts.

       I endured the many years of lousy football that followed and revived when the Parcells era began.   Another period of wandering in the football wilderness followed until Eli Manning captured lightning in a bottle twice against the mighty Patriots.  

      Now, long suffering fans are back in the doldrums once again.  I was resigned to competing with the Jets for the worst record in football, when lo and behold, the lowly Giants won 2 in a row and with a 3-7 record are competing for a division title.  I am reluctantly following Big Blue once again, although I am relatively sure they will find a way to disappoint me one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment