Monday, July 13, 2020

All it takes

      We  received nearly an inch of rainfall between Friday night and Sunday morning.  It was not enough to break the drought, but was certainly a welcome relief from the unrelenting heat.   More rain is promised today.
       I was able to transplant fall brassicas and some lettuce yesterday and seeded the late summer squash and cucumber crops.   Weeding continued, as i was able to salvage a bed of carrots facing imminent  destruction from weed pressure.   There was a noticeable spring in my step as I tended to the crush of midsummer gardening pressures.   It makes a difference when you feel your efforts are not being wasted in the face of super dry conditions.  I will even welcome the inevitable invasion of crab grass in my now dormant lawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment