Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Hopeful, but not giddy

Having read my usual morning quota of punditry, I tend to agree with one who is almost as old as me and watched the republicans win 5 out of 6 presidential elections dating back to Tricky Dick's re-election in 1972.  I was old enough to have cast a vote for the doomed George McGovern.  As Adrastos said, experiencing that much losing tends to give you a pretty thick skin along with a healthy appreciation of the foibles of your fellow man.  In today's elections, I think we are depending on women to keep our democracy safe for future generations.  Hundreds of women are running for congress and thousands more for state and local positions.  They will guide us through the next couple of years and hopefully show us the way to a Trumpless future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment