Thursday, August 21, 2014

Weather or not

I may have used that title on previous postings, but it is irresistible at certain points in the season.   A little light rain is falling as I write and it is probably necessary to germinate a late spinach planting and work the fertilizer into some lettuce plantings, but other plantings will suffer as a result of too much water.  The heavier soils are balanced on a knife edge at this point and the winter squash and tomato plants don't need any rain at this point.  Besides, I need clear weather to mow, weed and harvest.  the forecast for next week looks good in that respect, so I'll hope we dodge the heaviest showers today and have clear sailing for a couple of weeks.  I doubt I'll complain about dry weather for the balance of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment