Monday, September 10, 2012

Wild Ride

The weather gods were angry this weekend.  Sat. afternoon brought winds and a brief but torrential downpour.  I had planted spinach earlier in the day, so I think I am safe for good germination, unlike the last planting.  Unfortunately, the basil is being attacked by some sort of fungus which looks like it may wipe out the rest of the plantings for the season.  Basil is one of the biggest sellers at the farmer's market, so that will take a bite out of earnings for the last few markets.  Starting to do some fall clean up and planning for the annual garlic planting, which seems to get later and later each year.  I'm figuring we will have a  long, wet fall to make up for the hot, dry summer. At least that's how I see it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment