Thursday, January 19, 2012

Palm trees and guacamole

Leaving for vacation tomorrow, so posting will be somewhat erratic, although I'm sure the tropics will inspire me, if only the wi-fi will cooperate.  I'm looking forward to tropical fruits and veggies as a change of pace from the usual fare.  I think many of us get locked into a fairly narrow range of choices in what we eat, so to break away from the routine is enlightening.  Unfortunately, when we get back home, unless home is an ethnic melting pot like NYC, the choices inevitably steer your menu plans back to where they were before.  I guess that's all the more reason to enjoy the tropical variations.  I have also seen fellow travelers keep to the same choices as at home.  Bacon and eggs for breakfast, hamburgers for lunch and steak for dinner.  Let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment