Friday, January 20, 2023

Been a long time Coming

       David Crosby departed this mortal coil yesterday.   He was 81 years old.   It is hard for this boomer to put into words what Crosby meant to popular music and to me personally.  In the late 60s and early 70s, the Byrds and CSN were ubiquitous and their albums were a staple on my stereo during my college years.

      I heard about his various legal problems and his clashes with fellow musicians but rarely paid much attention.   The soaring harmonies were the thing that drew me to his music, along with the counterculture lyrics.   If you asked me in back in the day if Crosby would die in 2023, I would have laughed and speculated he wouldn't have survived the 70s.  He was a long time coming and gone to be a long time gone.  RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment