Monday, December 18, 2023

The nostalgia high

       Personally, if I never see another cassette or VHS tape again it won't bother me.   However, I hear there is a movement afoot to revive both formats.  Anyone who had a cassette tape unwind in a player or had  VHS tape break knows what I'm talking about..

     The same goes for more historical events.  Some idiots are protesting the removal of a confederate monument from Arlington National Cemetary.  Celebrating treason in defense of slavery has become a cottage industry on the right.   Likewise, there is a mini groundswell of support for rehabilitating ''Tricky Dick" Nixon's reputation.  No comments necessary on that score.

    Why do humans pine for obsolete technology and obnoxious historical eras and personalities?  I guess I better start collecting tRump campaign buttons...

No comments:

Post a Comment