Monday, April 25, 2011

Peas, Parsley and perserverance

Planted peas and parsley on Easter Sunday.  I probably should have planted them two weeks ago, but I doubt it would have done much good, since the weather has been so brutal.  The local crows were sitting in the trees bordering the garden, doubtlessly applauding my efforts at increasing their food supply, but I disappointed them by covering the completed efforts with remay cloth.  They will have to look elswhere for a snack.  Which leads to the third p in the title of this post.  Anyone involved in agriculture, from a modest micro farmer like myself to the largest corn and soybean growers in the midwest knows they will be tested from the moment they put seeds in the ground until the last bushel or tote is harvested.  Staying vigilant and perservering will not guarantee a bountiful harvest, but not doing so ensures failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment