Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gorgeous Weather

As anyone who follows this blog can attest, I whine about the weather on a regular basis.  I can't help it.  It comes with the territory.  Too many years of hanging out with farmers and growing on a small scale myself.  But the past week and it looks like next week should be about perfect for this time of year.  The ground has dried out enough that most growers can finish harvesting and end-of-season field work.  My late planted crops are getting a chance to mature.  The beets look beautiful, and the second cuts of spinach look as nice as the first.  Even the last plantings of lettuce I made in Sept. on a wing and a prayer are maturing nicely.  I hope to get some compost on empty beds this weekend and tidy up a bit.  Now if only this weather will hang on for another couple of weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment