Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter comity

       The Divine Mrs. M and I had a lovely Easter Sunday that for once involved no cooking on our part.  We broke bread at our daughter's in-law's home and a wonderful time was had by all.  Of course, I was warned by said daughter that politics and religion were taboo subjects as some participants at the feast do not share my sentiments on the subect.  With one minor exception, I complied with the gag order and found it was easier to do than I thought.   Instead of preaching to the choir or engaging in fruitless arguments, we chatted about nothing in particular and concentrated on the positives of living in the north country.  It's funny how easy it is to not be dragged down the rabbit hole of partisan political discourse.

No comments:

Post a Comment